Dear Women in Business Network Members
As you may be aware, Women In Business has been running on a skeleton team for some time now, and with many businesses currently tight on time, we have had no take-up of open committee positions, and minimal response to events. With this in mind our last committee meeting focused on reviewing what we can supply as such a small team and the format of network events and benefits moving forward.
The main outcomes of the meeting were as follows:
- Membership renewals are due July 1st 2013. It has been agreed that members who joined and paid their fees after 1 April 2013 will not be required to renew until July 1st 2014.
- The new membership fee is $30 per annum, with the price drop reflecting a change of benefits. 2013-2014 Membership will provide members with networking opportunities, opportunities to list their business on the Women in Business Network’s web-site, 10% discount on fees for any major events.
- The Committee decided to continue running an informal monthly networking “catch-up” event at The CLUB (Caroline Springs) from 5.30-7.00 pm every third Thursday. The next one is on June 20th 2013, and we would love to see you there.
- The Committee decided not to proceed with the major events planned for August and November, due to low turnout of the members at recent events to date.
- At this stage the main objective is to consolidate memberships; search for new committee members (please let us know if you are interested) and search for a secretary (please let us know if you are interested).
- Committee would also like to express enormous gratitude and thanks to Vicki Williams (Rovick Productions) and Janet Pearson (Technology matters) for their invaluable help and support!
- The Committee is looking forward to continuing supporting the members.